- Items going into storage in Boise and unavailable for two years.
- Items graciously taken in by friends and neighbors because they couldn't be stored or shipped, or we may need access to them.
- Items going with us immediately in luggage to Singapore.
- Items being shipped air freight (about 5 day delivery) to Singapore.
- Items shipped by boat to Singapore (Up to 9 or 10 weeks).
We've been fortunate so far-- Elaine did a superb job in the planning and organization for household items, with some really excellent foresight on what we would need. There have been a few strange surprises of things that ended up here, I suspect with some help from our movers. I expect we will find more.
- Elaine's back country ski boots. No skis, poles or other ski gear-- just the boots. (Can we use them as book-ends?)
- Carbon water filters for a coffee maker that is in storage.
- A butter dish for a refrigerator that we no longer own. (Might be put to use)
- A 120 volt appliance (HP Printer) that, despite best efforts of elimination, made the journey. (See The Smart Electric Grid). As a post-mortem to that blog entry, a moment of silence for the power supply of that printer-- yes-- up in smoke. Should have double-checked. (Use it now as a desk "in" box?)
- A press coffee pot, DOA (many pieces of glass and bent metal).
- The lid to a small glass jar, also DOA.
- Several articles of clothing that will have no purpose here (I was thinking travel-- remains to be seen if they do anything more than take up precious storage space)
- We also broke one plate-- one of the good ones brought along, while the ones that are chipped were carefully selected to remain behind in storage.
All things considered, it's all been good.